Saturday, June 16, 2012

I Just Finished The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch but I Didn't Want it to End!

I just finished reading and reviewing The Hangman's Daugher by Oliver Potzsch for  BzzAgent.com. It was really great to get a free Kindle copy of this book, especially since it turned out to both a fascinating and entertaining summer read. Like I mentioned before, I have never been a big fan of historical fiction, but I couldn't put this book down. Darker themes such as murder, witchcraft and extortion characterized this story, but this was balanced perfectly with the subtle humor incorporated into the descriptions of the characters...Below is my review from BzzAgent.com. 



Review: 

"I just completed the first book in The Hangman's Daughter series and I'm officially addicted. I'm beyond excited that this book is part of a series because I was so sorry to see it end. The vivid character descriptions, detailed sense of time and place, and page-turning suspense completely immerse the reader in the story. The Hangman's Daughter and its colorful cast of characters transported me to the bustling world of 1659 Schongau, Bavaria in the midst of a town crisis that invovled murder, alleged witchcraft, and greed in its ugliest form. In this story, an unlikely cast of characters (a hangman and his daughter along with the town's young physician), take it upon themselves to solve the mysteries around the killings and set things right in the town of Schongau before times runs out... This was an outstanding read, especially for fans of historical fiction. I'm so glad that the story of the hangman along, with his sidekicks, continues with the next book in the series, The Dark Monk. I can't wait to start reading it today" - mkbashline from BzzAgent.com

Check out this awesome series on Amazon.com







No comments:

Post a Comment